Podiatrists with qualifications from outside New Zealand
The Board requires the successful completion of a desktop assessment and a cultural competence open book exam, as part of the registration process.
Please read the Candidate Guide – Qualification and Skills Assessment for Registration in NZ.
Applicant Referee Proforma for your Desktop assessment.
Applicants who have previously been assessed by ANZPAC (Australian and NZ Podiatry Accreditation Council) will not be required to complete the desktop assessment or exam.
The ANZPAC letter will remain valid for a 3 year period from the date on your letter.
Application form for registration for overseas trained applicants
All registration applications must be posted to the Board as certified original documentation is required.
Applicants must have:
- Graduated within three years of the date of their application for registration in NZ, and be registered in the country where they gained their qualification, or
- Practised within the past three years of the date of their application for registration.
Please refer to this payment form for the Board fees.
Annual Practising Certificates:
- You must be registered and hold a current Annual Practising Certificate (APC) to be able to practice in New Zealand.
- All first time APC applicants must hold and provide a current Basic Life Support certificate including Anaphylaxis training to be eligible for an APC.
- Please find here our APC application form.